Monday 30 July 2012

New page: "Your first parkjet".

One thing you have to understand bout me is this;

In no way am I interested in building the perfect Parkjet.  All my planes are on elevons or a linked 4x4 setup.  I don't paint a lot of my planes.  I don't cleanly bevel all the leading edges at the perfect angles.

I'm about having fun.  It's why I build parkjets out of 6mm foam instead of building scale replica planes out of balsa and the like.

Even in the 6mm foam Parkjet community though, you'll still find people arguing advanced aerodynamics issues and the like.  Perfect this, optimum that, "the best" something else.  I sometimes dip an oar into that water and the number one mistake people keep making about me is in thinking I really think it all makes a huge difference.

You just don't need an advanced engineering degree to build and fly a parkjet made out of sheets of 6mm foam.

To this end I've started making some videos that concentrate more on the "fun" end of the spectrum.  The stuff you can get away with which allows you to spend more time flying and less time building or worrying!

http://greyaero.blogspot.com.au/p/your-first-parkjet.html

Regards,

Grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment